Friday, March 23, 2007

A girl's got to have shoes!

This morning I was feeling down in the dumps again about being on the island. It hit me after school while I was waiting around for lunch to happen, and Nick came downstairs, and I told him how I was feeling. Shame, he’s always sympathetic but there’s not too much he can do. Today he suggested retail therapy though – he actually said I could go and buy myself some shoes!! That put a smile on my face, for sure. I know that ultimately my contentment is in God and my hope is in heaven, but it’s difficult to always keep that perspective. I suggested that we go out for lunch, and then I would go out later on my own for some shoe-shopping. So we went to Sally’s. The boys each had a sausage baguette, Nick had a tuna mayonnaise brown roll with salad filling, and I had roast chicken baguette with mayonnaise and salad filling. They are really yummy scrummy. We took our food and liqui-fruits to Castle Gardens, where it was wonderfully cool in the shade of a tree. The wind was blowing so hard though that the water from the fountain was spraying us, but it was refreshing.

No comments: