Thursday, September 14, 2006

Snail Mail Rules!

The ship returned from Ascension yesterday, and so I collected post this afternoon, not really expecting anything though, but there were two items for me from a friend in South Africa. Wow, it’s so cool to get a handwritten letter! She also posted a CD, of an artist I’ve never heard of before, but very, very nice…a young female Christian musician. Even Nick likes the CD, so that says a lot! Those both were a lovely surprise.

I think I overdid my exercise this morning – felt completely drained and tired the rest of the day! Struggled a bit with school because it’s difficult being nice and kind and patient when all you want to do is flop, but we got it done. Nick finished what he wanted to do for the day quite early, so I suggested he do some painting with them, since he’s the artist in the family. I think the boys really enjoyed it. Nick drew pictures of monsters, and they painted them.

Weather report today: mostly sunny and warm, though with a very strong wind. Some rain in the morning. It’s been confirmed that winter ends on 21 September…only another week then, and spring will pop in. Very precise, isn’t it.

No comments: