Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Surprise!!

Nick went off this evening to a deacons’ meeting this evening – he had to leave at 4.30 to fetch someone, to be in time for the meeting at 6. Imagine my surprise when Vincent and Vilma arrived at about 5.50 for the meeting, and me still in my painting clothes, the lounge a mess…fortunately I knew it wasn’t at our house and they had gotten their wires crossed, but they eventually convinced me that it was being held here this evening…so a very quick tidy-up followed! It just didn’t occur to me that it was being held here, as sometimes it’s at the Sandy Bay Chapel, and Nick forgot to tell me! Ha ha ha.

Last night’s service was good; Nick preached on the Samaritan Woman.

Today I finished off the peach painting. You can see it in the photo. I had to redo a whole wall, and cloud it instead of having it solid, because it was oppressively peachy. That took about two hours, but thankfully it’s done and looks better and brighter. Also popped out to town very briefly, and then just spent some time cleaning the house (clearly not the lounge) and other odd jobs.

No comments: