Monday, April 24, 2006

Head covering becomes necessary

Today’s been the usual quiet Sunday stuff, although the boys and I had a bit of variety this morning by way of visiting Dot. I needed to print out a photo for her from our camera, and she has one of those nifty little photo printers, so we took a chance and walked up the road to her flat. We didn’t stay long, and when I said we should be going, Caleb was out the door like a shot and ran all the way home by himself, without me even realizing that he had left! I spanked him when we got home because he didn’t ask me or tell me he was going, although I was rather proud of him for being so independent.

I started knitting a scarf this morning. I actually wanted to knit a beanie or skull cap (skull cap is a beanie that is smaller) and found a pattern on the internet, but then it seemed a scarf would be easier. I’m going to have to wear these head coverings because Nick has decided a woman should keep her head covered to show her respect. No, not really – it’s just to keep my hair from blowing in my eyes and mouth all the time which is very annoying.

Nick took the boys for a swim this afternoon, and now they are out of the bath and we’re all waiting for supper, which is still a mystery to me. Probably some form or sort of breadie thing. Best I go now and sort us all out.

No comments: