Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Easter Preparation

Nick and I have just finished watching quite a funny movie, and now I’m listening to it again in German – full German audio!

Had a very quiet day other than the docks to get our box from Ascension. It rained most of the day, or at least was gloomy and damp most of the day. I think the sun was out for a little while, but the rain definitely won today. It’s excellent that we’re getting so much, but I still don’t know if it’s falling in the right places. I haven’t heard on the news yet if the hosepipe restriction has been lifted, but of course we haven’t needed to water!

Nick is going well with his prep, still two more messages to prepare, and two more days to do them in. He finished his Good Friday message today. No bible study tonight, because of Maundy Thursday – the Sandy Bay and Head o’Wain people won’t have a study, therefore the others can’t either, otherwise they will be out of sync with the Jamestown and Knollcombes people. Nice little break though, but it’s going to be a heavy weekend. I was saying to Nick earlier that I really miss being in SA at times like these – we would probably have gone to my parents after our Good Friday service at CPBC for hot cross buns, then stayed the day and gone to whatever evening service was on offer at Honeyridge. I also miss April’s weather in Gauteng. There’s a particular feeling in the air, where summer is over but winter’s not quite around the corner yet. We haven’t experienced that here yet, perhaps it will still come. At the moment it’s either blazing hot and humid, or warm and damp and rainy. But at least the washing gets dry!

No comments: