Thursday, April 27, 2006

Heads up, air traffic

I’m very busy getting the house all in order for my parents’ arrival on Tuesday. I bought some netting for new lace curtains for the lounge and diningroom today, and have just barely started that. This has been funded by a lady in the church as she thinks the old curtains are very tatty (which they are). Bless her. Did some more work on the bougainvillea in the front, and the work is finished but it looks pretty awful. I think we left it too long before pruning, so it’s gone quite woody. Might have to give it some more attention (like cutting it all down). Also cleaned up leaves out the garden, back and front, and did a bit of weeding. Went to town with the boys for bread and cheese, updated their scrapbooks, made a tent for them, did a tiny bit of homeschool which involved colouring by numbers from a new activity book Caleb got as a birthday present, did a science experiment with them about magnetism, swept the front garden walkway, did my early morning walk, went for a very quick swim….well, I’m pretty tired.

Some very exciting local news – a big step is being taken with the air access project (airport project). On Tuesday, a chartered flight will be leaving from Walvis Bay and flying over the island, just to make sure there are no surprises from the air. I might be wrong in saying this is the first time in the island’s history that air traffic has been overhead, but I think so…unless wartime situations created other scenarios, but this is pretty big all the same. It will fly over Prosperous Bay and Plain, where the proposed airport will be, but I’m sure the whole island will actually see the airplane.

No comments: