Thursday, April 13, 2006

Sometimes being a mom is just not nice!

Had a pretty rotten day, fighting with the boys a lot. Caleb has become very disobedient and willful since his op, I think because he knows we’re not supposed to smack him or cause him undue stress to make him cry – so he’s pushing the limits. Aaron’s just full of nonsense. His latest delight is eating toothpaste. Fortunately it’s quite minty, so I can smell it easily…so he busies himself upstairs for a while, then comes down all innocently but gets a smack all the same. I won’t even go into the other annoyances I faced today with island life, because I’ll just get that annoyed feeling again!

We had Svetlana to dinner again this evening, and she may be staying with us for a few days before going back to SA on Tuesday. I think it will be fun. The boys love her, and we could go out for walks and things (leaving Nick to carry on with his stuff). And a change is as good as a holiday, which I badly need! I don’t think I can even hang in another 2 weeks and 6 days for one…

No comments: