Friday, April 21, 2006

Insurance Matters

Thursday night has rolled around, and I’m really at a bit of a loose end. I have many things that I suppose I could be doing, like making necklaces or reading a book or tidying out the Tupperware cupboard, and I’m sure I’ll get to something just now. We’ve recently caught three or four mice in quick succession (following the initial drowning), so I’m a bit wary of the pantry, though I need to clean that again too.

Today has really been quite a dull day, though at the end of it I feel a great sense of accomplishment. Should I tell what I was up to? Went for a walk, did two loads of washing, made two fitted sheets for the boys’ beds, remade their beds with clean linen, tidied their room, walked to the library with them to select new books, bought bread from Spar and waited for ages to cut it, during which time it rained quite hard and then the sun came out again, read five library books, made rice-krispie marshmallow thingies, ironed a few shirts, cut down more long stems from the bougainvillea, and all the other usual household stuff. Fun hey?

The Atlantic Rose, which lost its moorings and was consequently sunk last week, is being hauled up again and the whole matter investigated. There might be some or other insurance terms which were not met or something like that, and apparently someone wants to use the boat to pump something…I didn’t get the whole story, but I just know that it’s being investigated. Along those lines, there are a lot of car fires on the island – amazingly, for such a small island, that so many of these car fires spontaneously happen. Of course, if your car gets burned, you can just put in a claim and get a new one. Coincidence? We think not…

No comments: