Monday, January 31, 2011

Yeah yeah, back to school

Day 1 of Term 1 of Year 5 for Caleb and Year 4 for Aaron. Both boys were looking forward to going back to school after the 6-week summer holiday, and both had a good day. Although they're in different years, they are physically housed in the same classroom and sit two desks away from each other. I'm pleased that they are together again and can talk about things that happen in their class during the day; after school they made a beeline from the trampoline and between bounces discussed school, life, art and world hunger. Or it might have been just their own hunger. I wasn't sure what my involvement with the school would be this term as my teacher-aide contract was not renewable due to my charge moving to the north island for extended medical care, but apparently I was granted two weeks' paid notice so I have 30 hours to spend at the school. I started out in Mrs Thompson's class (where I felt right at home) as no one seemed to be quite sure what else I was meant to be doing. It's so lovely to see the bright faces of these little kids, so eager to have their minds filled with learning!

No comments: