Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Biscotti that!

Busy day of unpacking, washing, sorting (Uncle Bill's lives on) and cleaning. Took Caleb to SpecSavers at 9.30 for a check-up and new glasses, which will be ready next week. His current pair are the wrong prescription now as his eyes degenerate in the genetic pattern of his mother's and grandfather's eyes. And the frames are being held together with great globs of superglue... time to upgrade. After lunch I dragged the boys with me to the police station where I needed fingerprinting done for my passport application, and also got our back-to-school stationery shopping done. Caught up on some of the blogging (this is a time-consuming habit, I'll have all you readers know...read it slowly 'cause it took a long time to do), and then while tea was on the go I made my first batch of biscotti. When Danielle B made them recently I thought she was simply marvellous and didn't even want to attempt them - they're sort of a higher-grade rusk for advanced bakers, I thought. But Candice also makes them and we did a batch in Wellington together; having seen how easy they are, I wanted to have a go. Out came the new silicon baking sheet and an array of cranberries, cashew nuts and other standard ingredients...in went the logs...and out came my new most favourite thing to dip with coffee. Yum!

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

Now it is your turn to send a recipe as I very much enjoy biscotti but have never made it myself!

Candice Beck said...

Oh yes, let's start a biscotti revolution - no one should be without a dunking biscotti!!! Oh and I tried those Lacy's cookies - basically ended with A cookie! But I persevered and chopped them into authentic looking manna :)