Friday, January 07, 2011

Island Cookies and Mealies

Today was an @home one, and the last day of my home holidays for a while as I'll be temping three days next week and then we're away for a few days. I recently acquired a rolling pin and cookie cutters to add to my growing bakeware collection, and also got hold of an elusive ingredient to make some very unusual Rosemary Lemon Cookies {how St Helena is that name - Rosemary Plain and Lemon Valley} - the pungent herb and bitter lemon is offset by the sweet biscuit base. The boys didn't like them at all; they are an adult cookie for the refined palate. Also tried the espresso shortbread again, this time in proper little shapes. Caleb got busy in the vegetable garden with some much-needed weeding. The corn which we started as a homeschool science experiment has shot up - I wish we had planted more sprouts at the time! I guess it's not too late in the season now to get a few popcorn kernels going on damp kitchen towel.

No comments: