Monday, December 13, 2010

Signed and sealed

Slept badly last night and woke up feeling really awful...obviously wasn't concentrating too well while I was making the boys' sandwiches as I grated my knuckle along with the cheese, leaving two large holes in my finger. I vaguely wondered if a person can bleed to death through their knuckles as there seemed to be an awful lot of leakage throughout the day. Had to pick off the bits of skin from the grater. Overall health improved as the day went on though and school was quite pleasant. During my solitary two hours at home in the afternoon I photographed the wedding album I started mid-year, then finalized some bits and pieces on it so it's ready for delivery now. Caleb had a piano lesson with Joan at 3.30 after which the boys went across the road to their friend Dylan's house to play on the waterslide; they improved the setup by placing a sprinkler under the trampoline. Good to chat briefly with Dylan's mum. It's been incredibly hot all day - we're actually hoping for some rain now to cool things off! The sky is looking beautifully dramatic and there was actually thunder forecast for today - would be pretty exciting to have a storm. Took this photo from the back door which looks south, at twenty past eight this evening.

No comments: