Saturday, January 24, 2009

Nitakaposema, ‘Go,’…

We've just come home from a morning in town. First, I took Caleb to see Scilla, and she's ordering new specs for him as his prescription has changed – he’s had his current pair for two years, so that’s not bad. Caleb chose his frames – a dark copper pair which look super. Then on to Good News Club just in time to start. I did the teaching today using a fairly amusing object lesson regarding missions and bible translation – I gave instructions to one team in Swahili and one team in English. Unfair disadvantage? So have the people who don’t have the bible in their language! After GNC, Nick needed to see someone about the building, so the boys and I went to the manse where I sorted a bit more of the remaining household contents. Since I don't think we'll be living in the manse again, I may as well pack it up slowly - better now than later! We were there for about an hour, then did a bit of shopping in town, buying up some more reduced, out of date goodies. The Star was having a promotion on some of their meat products - they have a new butcher who makes a lot of lovely things. They were barbequing burgers and kebabs as testers, so we all had a little sample. Yummy! Then finally, home.

Pam and Maddy came here in the afternoon – Pam can’t make a Thursday night anymore so we’re trying a Saturday. Pam digi-scrapped and I paper scrapped. Maddy and the boys found Tom and Sappho, and the five of them ran around outside playing some sort of prisoner game with sticks. Pam supplied ice-cream, fudge sauce and sprinkles…double yum!

Sappho's ice-cream...she asked me why I take photos of weird things.

No comments: