Thursday, January 08, 2009

Bead-bead

After a bit more sorting and organizing in the house, I joined up with Elza, Pam and Jocelyn at the coffee shop for the regular Thursday morning coffee, which I can only attend when we’re having school holidays. Jocelyn is a new friend – she is the wife of the dentist (the one who extracted my tooth last year) and is expecting their first baby in May. We have recently got her hooked on digital scrapbooking so it was a regular show-and-tell and swap party with scrapping magazines, photos and albums being passed around. During the morning I received a box of beads which I had ordered from a South African company – mostly semi-precious chips and shell beads, as I want to start a new product line using more ‘organic’ shapes and products. The afternoon, then, was spent playing ‘bead-bead’…I touched, sorted, organized and played with the new stash. Geoff and Pam came by in the evening after Nick had left for bible study, to fetch Maddison who had been playing with Sappho and had ended up at our house. Pam very graciously listened to my bead-twitter and even designed a necklace – I don’t think the beading bug bit though! On Thursday night I did more photocopying and then glued pendant bails on to some of the semi-precious stones I have in my collection, ready for use as pendants. Incidentally, I had run out of superglue so Nick and I walked to the Longwood store in the late afternoon to buy some. No, we were told, they don’t have, and we won’t find superglue anywhere on the island. We walked across to Maisie’s Shop which is run by the same people, and upon enquiring they dug into their secret stash of treasures behind the fridge to produce the sought-after solvent. So it always helps to ask!

No comments: