Thursday, August 28, 2008

Here and there

We spent the morning at home today, doing the last of last term’s school work, which only took about an hour. Then the boys wanted to watch Mathtacular, so they spent most of the remainder of the morning learning about area, perimeter, time telling and days of the week, while I finished the “Rockfall” page. I found this page difficult to do, in that I kept on feeling sick looking at it all! It’s all good and well to cut gashes in a page, but when you know there’s actually a wall at home looking like that, it’s not all that much fun. So I struggled, but it’s done:


In the afternoon we took a drive to town – Nick wanted to do the meter-reading at the manse, which involved moving some furniture in the diningroom to get to the cupboard in the corner. While he was there I asked him to retrieve some school materials from the cupboard. He dropped me and the boys off in town, where I had more grocery shopping to do – part two of yesterday’s beginning. I got all the frozen things, and also wanted to find something to replace the ugly and unmatching curtains in the bathroom and loo, so hunted around at the emporium. I surprised myself by finding and liking a plastic strip curtain in a combination of gaudy colours.

I had Aaron in the bath with wet hair when the phone rang, so I quickly ran to answer before shampooing him. When I got back he had styled his hair all ‘fancy’ as he likes to call it…with his toothbrush!!

No comments: