Monday, July 28, 2008

Museum scrapbook progressing

I didn’t go walking this morning although I could have and should have, but instead I did a bit of scrapping on a page of Caleb, which is coming along slowly. School was okay, back to our curriculum, but I struggled a bit to reign the boys in as they kept on with their silliness. Overall though it was good. We’ve started a new read-aloud called “Follow my Leader”, about an 11-year-old boy who has an accident with a firecracker and loses his sight. I suggested to Nick that we have our lunch at Sally’s today, as we’ve missed the last few Fridays because of the path at Head o’Wain. He was keen, so off we went. It was a lovely day outside, with just a slight chill in the air, but otherwise quite mild. We didn’t stay in town long after that, as I needed to be back in town at 1.30 to meet Lucy at Legal and Lands so that we could use their scanner to scan the scrapbook. This all went well and the scanning was quite successful, other than losing .5 cm on one side of each page because the scanner could only go as big as A3, and my pages are 30.5 cm. We did all the big pages there, and then went back to the museum to scan the rest of the little bits and pieces. Lucy suggested that we can just print out the pages at the museum as she has a nice colour printer, but we ran out of time today so I will go back on Thursday afternoon. So we are definitely making progress! She will be leaving the island to go to the UK in the next three weeks, so she will take the original book with her and see if anything can be done in the UK – this is very good. I got home just after 4, and then waited a few minutes for my girls to arrive. They were all completely hyperactive and I could do very little with them, but I think I squeezed in a few gems anyway. After taking Keisha and Tysha home, I heated up yesterday’s left overs for supper, and then brought in the washing etc etc. Busy day. Nick went off to gym at 6 pm.

Yesterday’s lunch arrangement with Kyle and Genevieve and family was super (heh heh...the photo says "don't photograph me!). I didn’t have a lot to do in the morning, so had time to update the blog and stuff, and a little bit of scrapping. The lunch wasn’t overly wonderful although the garlic bread was nice, but no one really minded (I hope). The boys drifted off outside after lunch, and we left them to themselves. They sounded like they were having fun. We investigated later, and they were having a water fight! All of them pretty much got soaked, but the sun was shining so the parents didn’t mind. We screened a video of St Helena produced in 1990, about an hour long, which was enjoyed by the adults, and then the kids watched a DVD as they had been running around all afternoon and were getting tired – plus, Ben and Sam really wanted to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks! It was starting to get towards church time when I suggested that they just stay on, as they were going to go all the way home to Longwood and then back for the service. So we gave the boys cinnamon toast, and Genevieve and Ema had some left over pasta from lunch. We made beef tea for Kyle, which I figured out is actually just a tsp of Bovril in hot water. The numbers in church were very depleted as there was some other parade or something at St James’. It was still a good message though, about the nominating of deacons in Acts 6. We are coming up for an AGM next month, so it was quite timeous as the deacons will be (re)elected.

No comments: