Saturday, July 26, 2008

Buy when you can

Keisha came home with us after GNC, as Enid couldn’t give her a lift home, but instead of simply taking her up Ladder Hill straight away, she first came here and then we all went to town together. The Hive is still having their 50% off sale, so I bought a jacket each for the boys to go into the ‘too-big suitcase’. They are aged 9/10 and 11/12, in beige and grey respectively. They were each ₤2 on the sale! Had a few other shopping goodies to do before going home for our cheese, ham and mayo sandwiches, after which we settled in for the DVD of “Alvin and the Chipmunks”. Quite a cute movie. Keisha couldn’t quite stay to the end as she needed to be home by 2, so we just stopped watching for a while so Nick could take her home quickly. After the movie was done it was time for Nick to leave for Tammy, and then I got stuck in to housework and cooking – a bit of preparation for tomorrow’s lunch guests.

Yesterday, the last day of our muddled-up school week, was also muddled-up. I needed to get to town for some urgent grocery shopping before Nick left for Head o’Wain at lunch-time, so all we did in school was Maths and a bit of writing, before I went out. I got quite a lot of shopping done in the short time I had, and was pleased as always to get hold of more blocks of chicken fillet and punnets of mince. I missed the fish-market’s opening times again – I can never seem to get them right – but I saw Jennifer selling her wares in the market and Peter was with her, hovering, so I asked if he wouldn’t mind selecting two chunks of tuna and dropping them off at the house later. He was very happy to do this. I chuckled about it later – where on earth can you bump into a friend who was no more than a complete stranger a month prior, hand over some money and ask them to do some shopping and then deliver it to you?! The boys helped me unpack the groceries, only because they wanted to see what I had bought, and then after lunch I read to them.

No comments: