Thursday, May 29, 2008

Shopping and more stones

After school today I tackled the grocery shopping. Last month’s experimental weekly shopping didn’t work for me, so I did a full proper shop today, although still couldn’t get much by way of meat for the month. I’ll have to buy that as I see things. It’s nice to have the cupboards well stocked again though! I was home by about 1.45, rushing a bit as Nick wanted to get to Head o’Wain again for more work on the path, but when I got home he was nowhere to be found. Eventually he arrived home, having been at the church next door doing a presentation of the Baptist Church to a group of school children. He went out shortly after that, taking both boys with him as he really only needed to go to Knollcombes to fetch stone and deliver it to Head o’Wain. The boys managed to take themselves off on a mini-hike up the mountain near the h.o.w chapel while Nick was busy, where they saw a dead rat for which Caleb apparently picked some flowers.

No comments: