Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Mondays - what a rush!

First thing this morning I went to the dentist. There were three people ahead of me, but he got to me shortly after nine and it was very quick for him to refill the hole. He said that there was no more damage to the tooth itself, and that it was simply the filling he did on Friday that had come away, so I was much relieved. He didn’t even numb the gum – just applied the filling material, and drilled it a bit to get it smooth. I had my last beading session with Lorna and the ladies today, as Lorna leaves on Friday for her four-month holiday overseas. I was home just after three, then had to quickly go to town to return DVDs and buy a few ingredients for supper. Also bought fresh apples and pears just off the ship. I see eggs are on the shelves again; I must get some tomorrow. Home again, with just enough time to throw supper together with instructions for Nick to put it in the oven at 4.15, then I got to my girls’ group. I had 8 girls today, although most of them only arrived halfway through the lesson. They loved the craft I had prepared, which was a bookmark bearing the message “I’m not everybody, and I’m not doing it”, with Proverbs 1:10 quoted. That was the heart of today’s lesson – to stand against sin, and not to do it because “everybody is doing it”. They were still busy making their bookmarks when Nick came in at 5.05, so I had to dash home to serve and eat supper, and then went back to the schoolroom to pack up the stuff and send the girls on their way. Nick took two of them home on his way to his deacon’s meeting. Then I had to wash the dishes, clean the kitchen, put the bird to bed, bring in the washing, sort the washing and put it away, bath the boys, read them a story and put them in bed. Phew! The boys are always ready for bed and don’t give me any grief about going down. We spoke about it tonight, actually, and I said that some children give their parents a hard time and refuse to go to bed, which was a surprise for Aaron who loves the “feel of the mattress and [my] warm duvet”.

The baby dove is still with us, and eating very well. We’re feeding it both baby cereal mixed with water and tiny muesli bits. I sifted the muesli and got out all the little bits that are normally left in the bottom of the packet, which the bird seems to be really enjoying. It polishes off about three or four teaspoons of this combination a day – and I do mean ‘polishes’ – it practically licks the spoon clean!

2 comments:

Cat said...

Hi Lynn
Sorry to hear about all your painful procedures. Sometimes I read your blog when I have some time :-)

Cat said...

I also have a blog. http://biggcatdiary.blogspot.com/