Sunday, May 04, 2008

I'm falling apart!

Yesterday, while the washing was busy, Nick and I did a clean-up of the back garden in preparation for a BBQ tomorrow. We’ve invited Harry and Jennifer for tomorrow’s braai – a good old South African “bring and braai” – bring jou eie dop en tjop, soos hulle sê!

This morning Nick did the lesson at GNC, which was about the life story of Jim Elliot. It wasn’t difficult to get the kids’ attention – he started off by saying that Jim was a very good wrestler! The kids were gripped during the story, the retelling of which was very well done by Nick. I played Uno with the girls during the play section. Lunch was ham and cheese sandwiches, and while I was eating mine there was a ‘crack’ in my mouth which Nick heard as well, and another of my teeth has broken. The break is not visible (yet), but I felt around and there is a crack right down the middle of a tooth, quite a prominent tooth unfortunately. It’s a bit sore, and I’m going to have to go for an emergency appointment on Monday morning to see what repairs can be made. All the pieces are still together in my mouth so hopefully it can be stuck back together or something! Nick has theorized that perhaps I’m not getting enough calcium – we only drink long-life milk, although I did say to him that vitamins and things are added back into the milk after they take all the goodness out by boiling it. I’ve started taking calcium tablets, but only quite recently. At the moment, Nick is out at Tammy doing a one-off recording for a song she needs for the “Miss St Helena” pageant coming up soon.

No comments: