Monday, March 10, 2008

I am a child of God!

I was just busy hunting around in the workshop for an old lock face that I needed for a museum layout, when Nick came home, at about 10 am. Being a Lay Preachers’ Sunday, he wasn’t preaching, so when he dropped Nick W off at Head o’Wain, and discovered that Maisie was doing the music at that service, he didn’t need to stay. It was so nice to have him home early. Together we found what I needed, and then I made pizza while he sat in the kitchen chatting. After lunch, and pudding, and coffee, we went to the pool for a swim. It was very nice to be there, as it was cloudy but hot. I swam too – the water was so warm that I hardly felt cooled, but at least I wasn’t sticky any more! After the swim we still had a long stretch of afternoon at home, which was great.

Church this evening was excellent. The Governor preached a message on adoption, which was very well prepared and delivered, with one of the applications being that in whatever circumstances we find ourselves, we need to remind ourselves that “I am a child of God”. Financial worries? I am a child of God. Struggling with something? I am a child of God. Feeling anxious? I am a child of God – and so on. Nick thought it was good too. Jean did all the music and the Andrew led the service, so Nick could just be a regular church-goer. After church we invited our South African friends, Harry and Jennifer, around for a cup of tea, and then decided to ask Andrew and Jean as well, so we had a merry party.

No comments: