Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Which tells of many things

Before the blog gets too far away from me...here is a run-down of the last few days! We had Andreas and Danielle to lunch on Sunday; I had made a double bobotie before church and so the meal was already halfway prepared. We had an excellent afternoon of fellowship with them before heading back to church for the 4.30 service. Forgot myself with all the chatting and didn't take photos! Monday was a big day for all at the school as The Inspectors were there. Added to that it was my turn to provide the weekly staff lunch (hence the bobotie practice run the day before). Throw some complicated children and a spilled pot of yoghurt into the mix and you get a pretty nasty day. I was glad when Monday drew to a close. Yesterday, Tuesday, was a good deal better. Aaron had a play date after school and I stopped in for a cup of coffee (vanilla latte, yummm) and chat. In the evening we attended the school's year-end function at the home of Thys and Adele (below) de Beer. It was fully catered and really lovely and we felt privileged to be a part of it. Other than that, I've been spending some chunks of time on the polymer art. For practice and to learn techniques, I copied a bracelet sent by my super-polymist friend - I have to stress that this is not an original! I've recently heard about, and started looking into, art clay silver - a whole new medium in itself, but one that can be combined very effectively with the regular coloured polymers. I'm hoping to extend into this area as well in the future, but one thing at a time! The two pendants were made with silver in mind for the frames.Aaron has been at a birthday party this afternoon; his second party invitation from school. He has blended well into the social scene at school. Caleb, on the other hand, sits alone at morning break. This is great for me as I can sit with him, but my heart breaks at his solitude. We are making it a matter of prayer - I have no desire to see him be the most popular kid on the block and I'm quite happy for him not to be sucked into a peer group and lose contact with adult company, but for his sake I don't want him withdrawing and becoming a loner.

No comments: