Monday, November 08, 2010

Nice ice, lots of it

Our school is hosting a fundraiser this coming Saturday: a South African Fair. We have so many SAcans at the school that this is quite a viable idea! I was tasked with producing 30 bags of coconut ice - although not strictly SAcan, I guess the fact that it is being made by one qualifies. I wanted to get a jump on the proceedings, so made the three batches this afternoon. In retrospect it would have been quicker and definitely easier to make them separately; I thought I was being efficient in them altogether. Turns out it's not so easy to mix three tins of condensed milk, nearly a kilogram of icing sugar and 1/12 kgs of coconut with a serving spoon...I was relieved when it was done and all the sticky surfaces in the kitchen wiped down. I had concerns about the colours blending together as I was spreading the pink over the white, but I think they're okay. Later in the week I'll do the bagging and tagging.

No comments: