Thursday, November 04, 2010

Goin' swimmin'

My final bible-in-schools class this morning...I did my best not to cry and succeeded relatively well! It's been a fantastic year with my class and my prayer now is that the Lord would put people around these kids who would continue to water the seeds that have been planted. Rushed from Waimataitai School to TCS to continue with my day...I missed the first half hour and then it wasn't long before we were off to swimming. As the TA I am required to be in the pool with my lad...not really my thing at all but since it's now in my job description I had to simply do it! We got back to the school a little after noon, and thus ended my work day. Home for an hour or so, then back to school for photography and Nick for guitar. I introduced the concept of a photowalk today, and then we went out for a walk up Otipua Road. I thought it was really fun, and we got some interesting photos together. Today was the first afternoon in absolutely ages that it's been warm enough to comfortably wear short sleeves outdoors - really beautiful weather! Mornings and evenings still chilly. The sky was superb around sunset, 8.30 pm - one of those evenings where I would have loved to do sunset photography, but alas, Nick was at an elders' meeting. It started raining as I was outside though so good thing I wasn't on some extensive coastal walk.The walker in my photo was some random guy with a cool punky hairdo who got in my shot...good on him for helping out!

1 comment:

Hazel Beckett said...

Lovely sunset shots.
I will be praying for you with your new "little boy". Our Brenda started work in the UK as a helper in a special needs school. At first she struggled, but later learned to love her 2 charges despite their difficult ways - like scratching her in the eye, when she was off guard.