Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Silly big red flower

I was itching to get back to the manse for that second coat of varnish. Had a bit of a time crunch in the afternoon though as we needed to be back for Nick’s guitar lesson, so Nick and I worked together. He found an old paintbrush and together we did the landing and steps in about half an hour. I always thought it a romantic notion to do DIY work together, but the reality is more prosaic as it takes the lines of “make sure you go with the grain” and “don’t drop drips like that” and “are you spreading it out evenly?” I won’t tell you who said what. Anyway, the job was well done and turned out to be fun after all, especially having to be careful not to varnish over each other’s toes. Got home just moments after Nick’s guitar lessonnee arrived; she was standing in the driveway looking woebegone. After the lesson Nick accompanied me for a quick walk to the shops; I tried to take photos of the beautiful agapanthus which are just coming into bloom while Nick kept trying to jump into the photo. I decided he was a far more amusing subject.

No comments: