Friday, November 20, 2009

Junior painters

I’m fairly sure that this will be the last time I mention the moles…the dressings had to come off today so before school Nick sat me down with plasters, cotton wool and Betadyne. The boys watched in a combination of amusement and horror as their mother again produced an Oscar-deserving performance of hysterics, although justifiably this time as two of the wounds had started healing into their coverings. Caleb took photos of the obviously entertaining expressions I was wearing. Anyway, after the ordeal I am more comfortable with the less cumbersome dressings, and all seems to be well. The afternoon saw us at the manse again with paint and paintbrushes, to touch up some rockfall damage and general wear in the back yard. Steve and Maureen divided their time between the manse and the schoolroom, putting in a shower rail over the bath and doing the edgings in the kitchenette.

No comments: