Tuesday, January 15, 2008

You break it, you buy it

After a morning of tidying, sorting and scrapping, and then beading at Lorna, I scooted off to town in the afternoon to look for some drinking glasses as we only have about four decent ones. After some walking about from shop to shop, I found nice ones at Queen Mary’s, but they didn’t have any price. I waited a long time while they ambled about looking for a price and eventually forgetting about me, so took the glasses to the till to try pay anyway, and hopefully speed up the process – but while I was holding the box, one of the glasses fell out and shattered on the floor. Oops! I took the rest of them to the till and explained that I would buy the set of five anyway, but they still couldn’t find a price so I said I would return tomorrow.

No comments: