Monday, January 14, 2008

Sunday Blues are Back

Today has been back to the usual blah Sundays – all the worse after the holiday and happy memories of braais and lunches! I made a cheesy mince and potato dish for lunch, along with fresh green beans in my new steamer. I also boiled (steamed) some eggs while the beans were going. My non-vegetable-eating boys were dreadfully unhappy about having to down the beans, but Nick stood by me in insisting that they eat all of them. I told them a funny story about an old friend who once stuffed his mouth full of beans, not wanting to first bother with cutting them up, after first making sure that his mom and I were looking in the other direction! They thought that was quite funny. Anyway, all the beans were eaten and no smacks were administered. In the afternoon we did our own thing – Nick rested, the boys played, I crafted, and then Nick took the boys for a swim later on.

No comments: