Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Yeeha, got me some sliced bread!

Busy day today…after hanging up a load of washing, I took both boys with me to town to start my grocery shopping. I started at Spar, buying some frozen things and toilet paper, and a pocket of potatoes. The boys were extremely helpful, after they had finished being silly, and Caleb carried the 10kg bag of potatoes all the way to the car by himself, resting once. I was so proud of him, but I think he was even prouder of himself! Aaron also helped by carrying a bag. I sent the boys off to drop off DVDs too, and then after Tinkers they also carried my shopping bags. They were great. Stopped off at HTH Spar on the way home from delivering a meal to someone, where I bought two BIG loaves of bread and sliced them, as their bread slicer is still operational. You can imagine how pleased I was to have sliced bread! I really understand the saying, “the best thing since sliced bread…”. When you have to do it yourself, you realize what a tremendous help it is to be able to slice it with a machine. With Nick carrying the basket and feeling liberal, we put all sorts of things in the basket that I wouldn’t have bought on my own, like luxury biscuits with white chocolate chips, and reduction cherries, biscuits, chips…also proper things like apples! That done, we went home for lunch, which was fresh bread (the bread from the freezer never tastes as good as fresh bread), with some honey roasted gammon ham, cheese, tomato and mayonnaise.

No comments: