Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Jumbo jets and cooking

Our Bible Study tonight ran quite late, because it was a good study on justification and sanctification, but there were some lengthy questions and comments afterwards. We were surprised, nay shocked, to realize that one of our members is a universalist in her ignorance – ie Christ died for all the people in the world – everyone will therefore go to heaven. The Bible teaches that only those who have put their trust in Christ, and His work on the cross, have a place in heaven. I hope she understood the difference after almost everyone had a go at explaining it!

Quite a cold day – some rain, off and on. After school this morning, during which time we spoke about jumbo jets and got ourselves all excited at the prospect of flying on one, we walked down to town, as Nick was out with the car, and I needed bread. It took some convincing to get Caleb to join us, but once he was on the road, he perked up and the boys ran most of the way to town. We first went to the library, chose some new books, then up the road to Spar for bread (already sliced), and I told the boys that I wanted to just quickly check for carrots at Thorpes (there weren’t any). The boys wanted to get a head start, so I allowed them to run along on their own. I couldn’t have been in Thorpes for more than three minutes, but they had gotten such a head start that I couldn’t catch up to them until I reached home, despite walking quickly! They said that they ran the first part. It was really quite a pleasant change from their usual plod up the hill any time we have to walk home. I got so cold during the afternoon, that I thought I had better do something active. The ‘something’ I found to do was making a batch of chocolate oat cookies, yummy. They don’t get baked, just mixed up and left set out as cookies on wax wrap, to set on their own. The boys couldn’t wait until the allotted hour was up for their setting time! Caleb must have been keeping his eye on the clock, because at exactly 4 pm he announced that they were ready. Supper was chicken pie, with all the goodness of tinned carrots.

No comments: