Monday, August 27, 2007

Tragedy

Today has been a public holiday, following the UK’s holidays. The ship came in early from Ascension, bringing a box of scrapbooking supplies for me which I had ordered from the States. It’s always SOOO exciting to receive the things I’ve been waiting for! Took me most of the rest of the day to examine things carefully – felt like a kid at Christmas! The rest of the day has been quiet. Nick and I watched an excellent movie, “Faith Like Potatoes” – the life story of Angus Buchan. We were so inspired by the movie – we don’t often see or speak to people who are so completely unashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I recommend this movie as a must-see!

Last Thursday, a young lady was booked in for a caeser to have her second child. There had been some complications during the pregnancy, with a placenta previa and the baby was breach, but no one was prepared for what followed the birth…she started haemorrhaging, and the lab couldn’t get the blood down to the ward fast enough, and she actually died. It’s such a tragedy, and the hospital staff are quite shaken up.

No comments: