Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Eggsceptional Muffins

Quite a busy day again, though not with anything particular! We did school as usual, and Caleb finished a Maths workbook we had been working through. There was a certificate at the end of it, so I did a little ceremony with him and shook his hand and handed it to him. He didn’t want to participate so I had to threaten him with a smack to get him off the floor. Aaron thought it was great. This morning, after breakfast, Caleb asked if he could help himself to an apple, because he wants to get that second tooth out now. It is so loose and I think it bothers him when he eats on it. He even had a little container ready in case it came out, so he could keep it safe, but alas, the tooth is still stuck in place. After school, I quickly dialed up to find a nice bran muffin recipe as I couldn’t find one in any of my recipe books. I let the boys help me make the muffins. They are not very good at getting the inside of an egg into a bowl. I cracked an egg first, then handed it to Aaron to let him pry it open. Unfortunately he didn’t grasp the concept of “gently break it open”, so he simply crushed it, but not before first dripping egg white all over the counter. I had to fish out quite a lot of shell. Caleb did pretty much the same thing. But beside that, the muffins turned out exceptionally well and the boys and Nick love them (and I do too).

No comments: