Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Mouse!

It was Christmas this morning!! I went to the post office a short while ago, and collected the parcel from my parents. I had to pay 35p to collect, which I don’t think will break the bank. It was so exciting to open it and find all the bits and pieces, especially the presents for the boys, which they put on straight away and are now running around in their new clothes playing with their new cars.

With that excitement over, we are going to try capture a mouse which has taken up residence in the diningroom cupboard and set it free in the wild. I found it this morning when I wanted to get some puzzles out for the boys, and there it was scurrying about. Small brown one, very cute, but we’d rather it had a more comfortable home not in amongst the dolls in there.

Yesterday was a pleasant day. Another cooker, with a cloudless sky almost the whole day. Apparently it gets so hot in Jamestown over summer (December-February) that the tar on the roads actually melts. I think our house will be fairly cool though because of the size of the rooms – high ceilings and big windows. We took the boys to the paddling pool in the afternoon, which was a hive of activity, and they splashed about for about an hour before they got really cold and Aaron’s lips were purplish.

No comments: