Sunday, June 05, 2011

Hangin' out with the fam

Having no adult bible class or Sunday School today meant it was a less hectic morning than usual, although I still had to cook a meal for fellowship lunch before we arrived at church at 10 am. The service was well attended and very good; the lunch afterwards was also strong in number with bounteous provision and hearty conversation! My raisin came off last night (with a little help - needed some convincing to let go of my nose); during lunch Rene and Grant dug raisins out of their carrot salad and came to show me where they thought I had hidden my scab...just the kind of thing my own dear brothers would have done :) I am grateful for our extended family - I miss my own flesh-and-blood family in South Africa, but the Lord has been gracious in giving us unrelated relations - brothers, sisters, moms and dads, grandparents, aunties and uncles, nieces and nephews - we are blessed. Matt and Rachel and Josh popped in during the afternoon for a quick cuppa en-route to buying potatoes - we now also have a huge 40kg sack in our laundry for the winter. Back at church at 4.30 for the second service which is never as full as the morning service and far more informal. Invited ourselves to the Phillipsies after church for another cup of tea which turned into a cake and pie and biscuit event as well.

No comments: