Tuesday, May 31, 2011

37

I think I like being 37...nondescript between 35 and 40, and not old enough to classify as 'late thirties'! Had a super-spoiled day all day; Nick and the boys got up at 6.30 to present me with gifts and cards...a long-awaited violin is at last mine! We all went our separate ways as usual, but I was only working in the morning as it is CGP policy to have birthdays off (oh I do like you, Rachel). Nick and I had lunch together before he went back to the church; I relished the afternoon to myself and got through all kinds of to-do list stuff. Shortly after 6 we dropped the boys off at Andreas and Danielle and went out for pizza and excellent conversation, and then rejoined the boys and Bothas for pudding. I was really blessed with pressies and texts and FB greetings - thank you to all who made the day amazing! Funniest gift by far was included with a serious present from the Kempfs...a squashed raisin buddy for my other raisin in the hopes that a little friend will encourage him to leave the safety of my nose!

No comments: