Sunday, May 15, 2011

Meanwhile, back in Timaru...

...Nick and the boys had quality dad-son time together. They watched movies and ate junk food on Friday night; on Saturday morning scootered/biked/walked to Caroline Bay and the skate park. Our buddy Matt was playing rugby on Saturday afternoon and Nick went along to photograph bits of the game. Never realized before how physically intimate the game is, wedgies and all - we weren't only laughing at the facial expressions when we studied the pics up close :) Rachel and Matt kindly fed and entertained my Clevely chaps in the evening. Sunday was the usual church muster, and I'm told the services and particularly the adult bible class were excellent. I happened to phone Nick while he was considering lunch preparations and gave him some quick directions for nachos, although he pretty much had a handle on it anyway. They had a quiet afternoon before church, and then there wasn't long to wait before they came to fetch me. At the airport, after kisses and hugs, Caleb told me that Nick got a speeding fine. My heart sank. "Just kidding," he said, grinning with the success of pulling off his spontaneous prank.

No comments: