Thursday, February 04, 2010

Plans made from plans delayed

With our last hopes of flying off down under tonight squashed, we took the boys to MacDonalds for lunch. The holidays are wearing on them somewhat as they don't have access to a variety of toys or their own space to run around, and despite that their grandparents are Very Tolerant of their many transgressions and Most Entertaining, it can still be a bit dull for them. Nick and I scheduled a coffee date in the evening at Bruce and Debbie; they were the first couple Nick married, seven years ago (I remember this because Aaron was about a week old). Thoroughly enjoyed picking up our friendship; Bruce and Nick over theology and Debbie and me over crafts (lots of shared interests there). I guess we wouldn't have had this opportunity if we were already flying over the Indian Ocean!

1 comment:

Hazel Beckett said...

Your friends' couch is made of the same material as the chairs in the dining room of the manse. It was like seeing the cushion of the chair in front of me, reflected on my PC! Am praying for you guys during this "in limbo" time.