Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Banking, boxes and bolognaise

I had the task of reapplying for our credit card this morning. Felt like a country bumpkin as I gaped at the new-look bank. I was directed to a telephone in the bank where I dialed the appropriate numbers and was put through to a live voice. I would have been happier to deal with a live voice attached to a face I could see, but this apparently worked and I can collect the card later in the week. For the rest of the morning we were at Kate’s place to sort through the 20 boxes which have been in storage in their attic for the last four years. We thought we were keeping the bare minimum but as it turns out we didn’t need outgrown bubbly sweaters for the boys or broken cassette tapes. Pared it down to about 12 boxes which will be trucked to Cape Town before getting shipped to NZ. (Al, this is what your garage looked like...)tIn the afternoon we were with Kathryn, Jerome and the boys at their place and were glad to see Nick’s mom, out from Scotland for a few months. We stayed on for supper – Kath cleverly disguised pumpkin in her bolognaise mince but it didn’t go unnoticed by the Clevely men…

No comments: