Thursday, December 31, 2009

Shopping, family and family

Today I seriously hit the shops…Nick went off in an entirely different direction to acquire a lens cap, and my parents and the boys and I went to (where else) Northgate. I am enjoying filling in a few gaps in my wardrobe but I must confess to being a little overwhelmed by the quantity and choice of things in the shops. Also feeling mildly panicked about the multitudes of people and shopping carts coming at me from every direction. My dad got the cellphone working at an MTN outlet so we are connected with the mobile world. We spent the afternoon at Alan and Kate’s place where the FOUR boys had a blast in the swimming pool with Caleb and Aaron’s toys, and Zoë (who incidentally is NOT my only niece, as was pointed out to me by my brother-in-law in Scotland – she’s just the only one I have met!) was captivated by one of Aaron’s toys too. We were invited to spend New Year’s with Nick’s uncle James and wife Nadine and their children Cherise and Ronald. What a blessed evening! We reveled in the fellowship in the bonds of Christ, and prayed over midnight. We are so encouraged to see the Lord’s working in their lives.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Happy New Year! We celebrated with SH via Saint FM at 7pm our time.

The overwhelmed feeling lasted quite a long time for me but that might be because I have never liked crowds or large stores.

What is Nick doing?