Tuesday, September 08, 2009

High on endorphins

Went to the docks in the afternoon where we saw off Vincent and Vilma who have left for a seven-week holiday. I saw there was a sale on at Warrens so popped in and found a genuine Levi’s shirt for Nick, only ₤5!! What a find. Steve and Maureen celebrated their wedding anniversary by inviting several people to the Orange Tree Oriental Restaurant for a meal. Nick and I were seated at the end of the table with Pam and Geoff next to us, and somehow we started sharing stories and experiences from SA times and childhoods. I accidentally degenerated into complete hysterics and was exceedingly amused with my own humour – there I was in my corner, laughing uproariously to myself, nostrils flaring, tears ruining my mascara. Trying to pronounce Srinivasaraghavan Venkataraghavan, who I could only remember as ‘Vishnagaraghavan’ was my undoing. I’m sure everyone thought I had been drinking, but Chamdor is strictly non-alcoholic!! The food was fabulous, and then we were treated to karaoke by the waitresses – firstly a rendition of ‘happy birthday’ for Prudy whose birthday it would be tomorrow, and then another song in lieu of ‘happy anniversary’ for Steve and Maureen. A really great night out.

No comments: