Friday, June 06, 2008

Understood Aaron

It’s been raining almost all day today…sometimes heavily, other times just a drizzle. Very nice though – I enjoy the rain. It’s not very cold either, so really makes the day quite nice. Nick hates this weather – he feels hemmed in. The boys seem to be indifferent. I really didn’t feel like doing school this morning, so Nick suggested I put on a DVD for the boys and just do my own thing. I told him, however, that we’ll fall behind our schedule, so it’s best just to get on and do it! Once we had started it was all fine. During the second session, in the reading of “Understood Betsy”, when Betsy received a letter from her Aunt Frances to say that she would be coming on the train to take Betsy home, and Betsy was quite devastated, Aaron burst into tears. So there were the two of us crying, while Caleb was sighing and wishing we would just stop it. He got up and left, returning from the kitchen with a towel to dry our eyes! It was really very funny. I struggled to read after that – I was all choked up, mostly because of Aaron’s reaction! We finished school just after 12, then had fresh homemade six-seed bead with cheese and mayonnaise. After lunch I finished the sewing I had started yesterday. Nick’s Sandy Bay Bible Study for this evening was cancelled because of the rain – the roads tend to get closed or blocked or dangerous, so he cancelled the Bluehill study as well. It’s such a rarity to have him home on a Thursday evening – nice!

No comments: