Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Housework

I devoted myself almost exclusively to housework this afternoon, and really got through a lot. I thoroughly cleaned the diningroom, which included turning over the soil in the pot on whose plant the dove lives, and cleaning said dove, vacuuming, dusting, and retrieving the cushions for the couches from Nick’s office where they have been for so long as sound proofing agents, before heading upstairs. During all this I also went to visit Caroline. The visits are so pointless though – I took the dove to show her, as she loves doves (God’s holy doves), and she nearly squeezed it to death trying to kiss it. Fortunately it survived. She can’t really hear what I’m saying though, even if I speak slowly and clearly, so not much of a conversation can be had. School today was fine, as it was yesterday. I’ve been blessed with “big chunks of patience”. In yesterday’s reading of “Understood Betsy”, Aaron was nearly crying for joy when Betsy and her friends sewed new clothes for poor little ‘Lias, which were subsequently sold for whisky by his wicked stepfather. ‘Lias got adopted in the end, which was what the girls were hoping for, so it was a super happy ending to the otherwise very sad little chapter. Today we only read half a chapter, which left Betsy and her little friend Molly alone at the County Fair with no ride home. The boys are a bit anxious as to the outcome.

No comments: