Saturday, July 21, 2007

Something to do


This morning Aaron asked me if there was going to be anything happening today – i.e. anything interesting or exciting to look forward to. I said no, but felt sorry for him because I know how he feels – there’s nothing to anticipate except for the holiday, which is too far away to be of any use to keep our spirits up!! I passed this observation on to Nick as well, and had in mind to take the boys somewhere or do something. So when Nick came wandering downstairs at 10 and told me he had finished his sermon prep, and suggested going out, I jumped at the chance. We put the rest of school on hold, had our tenzees at home and I hung up the washing, and then we headed off to Longwood. It was a pretty gloomy day in town, and Longwood was far worse – really, really cold, and windy. We took the kite and it practically flew itself, but didn’t get up high enough to stay up, so we gave up after a while. The boys played on the playground, although most of the equipment is now broken. A few of the swings are still operational, as well as the roundabout and slide. Nick and I browsed the shop while the boys were playing, and it’s interesting to see what they have on their shelves that we don’t have in town. We bought some old-stock Smarties on special.

No comments: