Saturday, July 28, 2007

Old Mother Hubbard

We did a science experiment in school about the tongue and taste buds, which was quite fun. The boys had to put sugar on the back, sides and front of their tongue, and also black coffee. Caleb didn’t want to try the coffee, but Aaron did, and then they both had lemon juice too. It’s interesting to see where the taste buds for different tastes are located. Try this if you don’t believe me – put sugar on the back of your tongue, and then the front, and tell me where you taste it the most! We’ve had all weathers today and yesterday – half hour bursts of rain and wind, then clear and sunny. But mostly it’s been drizzly and windy. A bit miserable, but okay. I got myself busy in the kitchen, firstly with making a batch of date squares, and then a double batch of fishcakes. I had just finished those and washed up when it was time to start the regular Friday night pizza.

Being month-end, and Nick not yet having been paid, we’ve run out of things. This morning we had only enough cereal left for the boys, and no bread for toast. Nick and I subjected ourselves to tea and banana bread for breakfast!! Then for tenzees we had tea and banana bread. For threezees we had…you guessed – tea and the last of the banana bread! But don’t feel too sorry for us – we got paid later in the afternoon, and I have bought cereal now.

No comments: