Monday, November 14, 2005

Squash

Dear Granny and Grandpa, I love you and I did go out with Uncle Teddy and share cake and juice and cake with Uncle Teddy and we saw Aunty Brenda with Uncle Teddy and we did share juice and cake with Aunty Brenda also. And I worked in the garden very hard and I worked in the other garden with mom a long time ago. I worked with the fork and took all the dead stuff off. Daddy and me and mom and Aaron need to tear all the garden up. We going to do homeschool and we gonna learn how to do what mom does. Mom is going to take the cake out just now. We did cook the other part of the um banana bread. I did jump to the couch and it moved. And I’m still four and I’m much more taller that my mom can’t pick me up. We going to also do something important that Aaron’s get things what I like. Granny and Grandpa, do you know what, um, we gonna read a story and then we go to bed. Bye bye. I mean, Amen. (Caleb)
Granny and Granpa, know what, Granny and Grandpa, I love you. I seed Jonathan the Tortoise. Bye. I go to church and I love you. (Aaron)

Today, the Pastor’s day off, we went to see Steve and Maureen’s house in the country. At present they are renting a house in town, just down the road really, while their new house is being renovated and rebuilt. The boys played outside as they have quite a nicely kept piece of grass in front, and cows grazing just on the other side of the wire fence. They have a magnificent 360ยบ view of valleys and hills and trees, no neighbours in view. I cooked a very nice batch of pumpkin and hubbard squashes with onions a while back, and froze a few helpings. Of course Nick doesn’t eat it, but the boys think it’s okay. I just call it “squash” when I serve it to the boys, so I was amused when Maureen offered them squash today meaning juice, and the boys politely accepted though with some uncertainty. Ha ha ha.

No comments: