Thursday, November 17, 2005

Caleb and Literacy

Yesterday I sewed curtains, duvet cover and pillow cases for the guest room (now called “Granny and Grandpa’s Room). It was a surprisingly quick job, so now that those are finished I have nothing more to work on at present. Still loads of house stuff to be done, mind you, but nothing I am keen to tackle!

I have started teaching Caleb writing. He practices the letters a, b, c, d and e, and practices writing his own name. He is doing quite well. We started yesterday and he was excellent, but today he didn’t really want to do it properly despite begging me to have a short bath so he could start his letters. We are very much looking forward to the homeschool curriculum arriving, but don’t really know when it will be.

The RMS is back in anchorage today, after being gone for about five weeks. Apparently there are something like 60 (or maybe 16) cars on it, it has brought a big cargo load (get it, car go…ha ha ha).

No comments: