Monday, April 28, 2014

Behind a parka's scenes

These holidays, apart from practicing violin (a lot); (I'm working towards an exam later in the year), I've also done a bit of sewing. Sometimes projects are small and quick, other times they take up a large amount of time and space.  I bought the teal corduroy at the Red Cross Shop in town a few months ago, back when my parents were here and my Mom was amazed at the wonders to be found in op shops; the black sherpa for the lining and cuffs was an on-line purchase from Backstreet Bargains, whose fabric and prices are good. This hooded coat fell into the latter category - a complicated array of sections took some serious thought during the cutting phase!
I love getting enough bits sewn to be able to hang it on my sewing manequin, to get an idea of how it's going to look. 
And slowly the bed space clears, as more pieces get sewn together and the pattern pieces can be folded and stored.
Finished!

No comments: