Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Town and about

I can now see some surface space reappearing in the diningroom after finishing Tammy’s album cover last night! It’s a relief to have it done well before my deadline, and I have put away all the bits and pieces that had accumulated over the last 10 days while I was working on it. Nick had to be at Tammy during the morning to create a piece of music someone wanted for a funeral – this is paid work, so he was happy to oblige once he had finished his bible study. He needed to be back at her house after lunch to do some more recording, so the boys and I all went too. I showed Tammy the remaining pages she hadn’t yet seen, then leaving Nick and the boys there, I went to Printech to see about getting them scanned and printed. I will get the quote on Monday. After that I had to be in town to deliver a necklace and earrings to a friend. I had a cup of tea with her and a really great visit – we spoke church and religion and the gospel which I really enjoy. Then on to town for a free anti-virus program, as our paid-for one has expired and I didn’t want to renew it. I had a wee amount of shopping to do – still can’t get onions, but there should be lovely produce on the ship from Cape Town arriving tomorrow. It’s been a long time in coming – because of the UK trip, there are about 7 weeks from one return Cape trip to the next – that’s 7 weeks of waiting for the next fresh shipment!

No comments: