Sunday, November 02, 2008

Lovely ladies' luncheon

After Good News Club today we were at the manse for a short while, then Nick took me up to Willowdene for a ladies’ luncheon to which I had been invited as a paying guest and as “Elle Cee Handcrafts”, to sell my beadware. The luncheon was organized by the League of Friends to raise money for their various causes – I think they have been working towards buying an electric piano for the Community Care Complex. It was a very good afternoon, with plentiful and delicious food. Meanwhile, Nick and the boys had gone home for lunch of freshly-baked homemade bread, and they came back for me at 3. Nick was due at Tammy at 3, and since Willowdene is almost across the road from Tammy, it worked out well that he would fetch me and then I would take the car back home and fetch him later. It’s a bit of a juggling act sometimes with one car between us, but never a problem. As it turned out, Tammy wasn’t home yet, so Nick guessed that he would be due there at 3.30 rather than 3. By the time I had finished packing up all my wares though it was closer to 3.40. We went to Tammy; I left Nick and the boys there, headed down to the Manse to drop my stuff off there (it’s easier to have it in town, instead of taking it all backwards and forwards from Longwood), then went back to Tammy on the way home to drop off Nick’s other guitar which we had left in the manse. Since it was a fairly nice day, the boys stayed at Tammy and played with Katie, Taylor, Harley and Ross – they had a marvellous afternoon! I went home alone, and had about an hour and a half to start on Tammy’s album cover and reorganize my scrapping papers which were getting a bit untidy (I keep outgrowing my storage solutions!). I fetched them all at about 6.15, and then we had a quick supper of left-over vegetarian lasagne from the lunch (there was a whole extra one which we were given). Nick thought there was no way the boys would manage their helping of absolutely-no-meat-with-lots-of-spinach meal, but they did, and without complaints too! Well done to Pam who made it.

No comments: