Wednesday, October 22, 2008

In the third case

Nick and I tackled Vincent’s second mandolin case. I’ve already lined one of his, and this was the next – he chose the red version of the other material we had used, and it really turned out well! Nick and I are becoming professional box liners. It was a messy job with the polystyrene flying everywhere, but I had the vacuum cleaner at hand so it was fairly contained. That took us into the afternoon, and for the rest of the day I sorted through some 2006 photos to do another page for Caleb, as his scrapbook seems to be missing that year. I optimistically did two loads of washing today (I had to, the wash basket was more than overflowing), and they actually dried. We had a little bit of sun today, but it was dry and fairly windy all day so it dried. Celebrate the small victories! To appreciate the town weather and sun, we took a picnic style supper to the docks, consisting simply of tuna/egg/mayonnaise on sliced French loaf. The sunset was spectacular, and the waves certainly the biggest we’ve seen them – there were actual waves! We meandered down to the machinery area as well, simply enjoying being outside at that time of the day. The lighting on the three bayheads to the east of Jamestown was beautiful – I hope the photo captures it for you.



The ship is back tomorrow! I’m sure the whole island gets excited when it returns from the UK, whether or not there is anyone or anything coming for them. It’s just so nice to see the RMS again after her long absence.

No comments: